Marilyn J. Sorensen's Speaking and Events Schedule
Dr. Sorensen is a contracted speaker with Cross Country Education and as such goes on 3-day speaking tours in major cities of the U.S. presenting her Low Self-Esteem Recovery Program to other mental health professionals for which they get Continuing Education Credit. Her audiences include psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, licensed counselors, prison officials, directors of programs for troubled youth and abused women, pastors, college professors, and teachers in public schools and other areas of child care, doctoral students, medical doctors, nurses, and others.
October 2012 Speaking Events in California & Nevada
- RENO - October 10, 2012
Grand Sierra Resort 2500 E 2nd St, Reno, NV 89595, 775-789-2000
- SACRAMENTO - October 11, 2012
Lake Natoma Inn 702 Gold Lake Dr, Folsom, CA 95630, 916-351-1500
- OAKLAND - October 12, 2012
Hilton Oakland Airport 1 Hegenberger Rd, Oakland, CA 94621, 510-635-5000
September 2012 Speaking Events in California
- FRESNO - September 12, 2012
Radisson Hotel and Conference Center Fresno 2233 Ventura St, Fresno, CA 93721, 559-268-1000
SAN JOSE - September 13, 2012
San Jose Airport Garden Hotel 1740 N 1st St, San Jose, CA 95112, 408-793-3300
- SAN FRANCISCO - September 14, 2012
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North 670 Gateway Blvd, SanFrancisco, CA 94080, 650-872-1515
August 2012 Speaking Events in New York & Vermont
- BURLINGTON - August 15, 2012
Holiday Inn Burlington 1068 Williston Rd, Burlington, VT 05403, 802-863-6363
- ALBANY - August 16, 2012
Holiday Inn Schenectady 100 Nott Terrace, Schenectady, NY 12308, 518-393-4141
- WHITE PLAINS - August 17, 2012
Doubletree Tarrytown 455 S Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10591, 914-631-5700
July 2012 Speaking Events in New York
- LONG ISLAND - July 18, 2012
Crowne Plaza Long Island 1730 N Ocean Ave, Holtsville, NY 11742, 631-758-2900
- MANHATTAN - July 19, 2012
Roosevelt Hotel New York 45 E 45th St, New York, NY 10017, 212-661-9600
- QUEENS - July 20, 2012
Sheraton La Guardia East 135-20 39th Ave, Flushing, NY 11354, 718-460-6666
June 2012 Speaking Events in Virginia & North Carolina
- RICHMOND - June 20, 2012
- RALEIGH - June 21, 2012
- VIRGINIA BEACH - June 22, 2012
May 2012 Speaking Events in Colorado & Utah
- COLORADO SPRINGS - May 9, 2012, Marriott Colorado Springs, 5580 Tech Center Drive, Colorado Springs CO 80919, 719-260-1800
- AURORA - May 10, 2012, Hotel Embassy Suites, 4444 North Havana Street, Denver CO 80239, 303-375-0400
- SALT LAKE CITY - May 11, 2012, Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel, 150 West 500 South Salt Lake City UT US 84101, 801-401-2000
April 2012 Speaking Events in Pennsylvania
- HARRISBURG - April 18, 2012, Radisson Hotel Harrisburg, 1150 Camp Hill Bypass, Camp Hill PA 17011, 717-763-7117
- WILKES BARRE - April 19, 2012, Hotel Hilton Gardens, 242 Highland Park Blvd., Wilkes Barre PA 18702, 570-820-8595
- PHILADELPHIA - April 20, 2012, Four Points Philadelphia Sheraton, 4101A Island Ave, Philadelphia PA 19153, 215-365-6035
March 2012 Speaking Events in Maryland & Virginia
- ALEXANDRIA - March 28, 2012, Hotel Crowne Plaza Old Town, 901 North Fairfax St., Alexandria VA 22314, 703-683-6000
- FREDERICK - March 29, 2012, Holiday Inn At The Fsk Mall, 5400 Holiday Drive, Frederick, MD 21703, 301-694-0589
- BALTIMORE - March 30, 2012, Hotel Sheraton, 7032 Elm Road,
Baltimore, MD 21240, 410-859-3300
February 2012 Speaking Events in Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee
- FORT SMITH - February 08, 2012, Holiday Inn City Center, 700 Rogers Avenue, Fort Smith, AR 75901, 479-783-1000
- LITTLE ROCK - February 09, 2012, Doubletree Hotels By Hilton Little Rock, 424 West Markham St., Little Rock, AR 72201, 501-372-4371
- MEMPHIS - February 10, 2012, Holiday Inn Sel Dtwn Beale St, 160 Union Avenue, Memphis, TN 38103, 901-525-5491
- SPRINGFIELD - February 29, 2012, Hotel Ihotelier University Plaza Hotel, 333 John Q Hammons Parkway, Springfield, MO, 65806, 417-864-7333
- TULSA - March 01, 2012, Marriott Tulsa Southern Hills, 1902 E 71st Street, Tulsa, OK 74136, 918-493-7000
- OKLAHOMA CITY - March 02, 2012, Hotel Sheraton Corporation Four Points, 6300 East Terminal Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73159, 405-681-3500
Dr. Sorensen was interviewed for an article in the Fall 2010 issue of Wastenaw Community College's Career Focus magazine. Excerpt below. Full article here.
Given the choice between hiring two equally bright candidates–a shiny, happy person or a negative sad sack–who would you choose? It’s a no-brainer; individuals exuding self-conﬁdence–faith and trust in their abilities–are those we want to be around and hire. … Marilyn J. Sorensen, Ph.D., a clinical psychologist and author of Breaking the Chain of Low Self-Esteem, says a lack of self-confidence can be a symptom of low self-esteem, a condition where a person mistakenly believes that they are inadequate, unlovable, unworthy or incompetent. This way of thinking only increases a job seeker’s fear of making a mistake or failing–and plunges their level of self-conﬁdence.
Dr. Sorensen was interviewed on November 10th for an article on self-esteem for Woman's Day online magazine.
Dr. Sorensen was interviewed May 1st by a columnist writer for the Times in Victoria, British Columbia for a upcoming article on self-esteem. Read the Edmonton Journal article.
March 5, 2009 Dr. Sorensen spoke at Willamette University's Health Fair in Salem, Oregon. Her presentation explained what low self-esteem is, when it develops, and the inner experience of low self-esteem as well as what's necessary to recover from this devastating problem.
October 2, 2009, quotes from Dr. Sorensen and comments on her work were the main focus of an article in the Edmonton Journal (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) entitled, How To Give a Healthy Message of Self-Esteem To You Kids, written by Katherine Dedyna, Canwest News Service.
In January 2010, Dr. Sorensen was interviewed by Dr. Jess Shatkin & Dr. Alexandra Barzvi in New York on Sirius XM "Doctor Radio's-About Our Kids" (psych/parenting show) on the topic of children and low self-esteem.
Alex Barzvi, PhD, New York. Show Host of About Our Kids
I want to thank you so much for being a guest on our show. You were really fantastic, and it was a real treat to have you on. I loved the way you spoke so eloquently on the radio. It is very important to me that parents who are listening really feel like they can understand the issues being discussed and apply the principles to their own families when appropriate. You did a nice job reaching our listeners.