Marilyn J. Sorensen's Past Speaking and Events Schedule
Dr. Sorensen is a contracted speaker with Cross Country Education and as such goes on 3-day speaking tours in major cities of the U.S. presenting her Low Self-Esteem Recovery Program to other mental health professionals for which they get Continuing Education Credit. Her audiences include psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, licensed counselors, prison officials, directors of programs for troubled youth and abused women, pastors, college professors, and teachers in public schools and other areas of child care, doctoral students, medical doctors, nurses, and others.
October Speaking Events in New York and Oregon
- Buffalo, New York, October 27th, September
22nd, Adam's Mark Buffalo Niagara, 120 Church St., Buffalo, NY 14202
- Rochester, New York, October 28th, Rochester Plaza Hotel
and Conference Center, 70 State St., Rochester, NY 14614
- Syracuse, New York, October 29th, Renaissance Hotel Syracuse, 701 E. Genesee St., Syracuse, NY 13210
What's Low Self-Esteem? How to Raise Children with Healthy Self-Esteem!
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical Center, October 23rd, 119300 SW 65th Ave, Tualatin, OR 97062, 8:00 a.m-1:00 p.m.
September Speaking Events in New Jersey
- Paramus, New Jersey, Holiday Inn Saddle
Brook, 129 Pehle Ave, Saddle Brook, NJ 07663
- Edison, New Jersey, September 23rd, 2055 Crowne Plaza, Crowne Plaza Edison,
- Atlantic City, New Jersey, September 24th, Ihotelier Trump Marina Hotel Casino, Huron Avenue & Brigantine Bo, Atlantic City, NJ 08401
June Speaking Events in Mississippi, Louisiana, & Alabama
- Jackson, Mississippi,
June 23rd, Old Capitol Inn, 226 N. State St., Jackson MS 39201
- New Orleans, Louisiana, June 24th, Four Points N.O. Airport 6401 Veterans Memorial
Blvd., Metairie LA 70003
- Mobile, Alabama, June 25th, Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, 64 Water St., Mobile, AL 36602
April Speaking Events in Texas, Arizona, and New Mexico
- El Paso, Texas, April 14th, Embassy Suites El Paso, 6100 Gateway E, El Paso, TX 79905
- Phoenix, Arizona, April 15th, Sheraton Crescent Hotel,
2620 W. Dunlap Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85201
- Albuquerque, New Mexico, April 16th, 5151 San Francisco Rd., N.D., Albuquerque, NM, 87109
March Speaking Events in Ohio
- Columbus, Ohio, March 4th, Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites,
750 Stelzer Rd., Columbus, OH 43219
- Dayton, Ohio, March 5th, Holiday Inn Dayton Airport, 10
Rockridge Rd., Englewood, OH 45322
- Cincinnati, Ohio, March 6th, Embassy Suites Hotel Northeast,
4554 Lake Forest Dr., Cincinnati, OH 45242
Events for 2009
Dr. Sorensen Speaking in the Midwest and East, October and November, 2009
Dr. Sorensen has been retained by Cross Country Education to present (6) all-day continuing education workshops entitled Overcoming Low Self-Esteem: Recognizing and Treating This Prevalent Issue for mental health professionals and others with similar interests in the following cities in the Southeast and Midwest United States.
- Asheville, North Carolina, Oct. 14th, Renaissance
Asheville Hotel, 31 Woddfin St., Asheville, NC 28801 (828-252-2800)
- Knoxville, Tennessee, OCT. 15th, Holiday Inn Select
Downtown, 525 Henley St., Knoxville TN 37902 (865-522-2800)
- Nashville, Tennessee, OCT, 16th, Cross Country Education---Horizon Center, 9020 Overlook Blvd., Suite 130 Brentwood, TN 37027 (615-331-4422)
- Wichita, Kansas, NOV. 4TH
- Kansas City, MO, NOV. 5TH
- St. Louis, MO, NOV 6TH
Dr. Sorensen was interviewed for an article in the Fall 2010 issue of Wastenaw Community College's Career Focus magazine. Excerpt below. Full article here.
Given the choice between hiring two equally bright candidates–a shiny, happy person or a negative sad sack–who would you choose? It’s a no-brainer; individuals exuding self-conﬁdence–faith and trust in their abilities–are those we want to be around and hire. … Marilyn J. Sorensen, Ph.D., a clinical psychologist and author of Breaking the Chain of Low Self-Esteem, says a lack of self-confidence can be a symptom of low self-esteem, a condition where a person mistakenly believes that they are inadequate, unlovable, unworthy or incompetent. This way of thinking only increases a job seeker’s fear of making a mistake or failing–and plunges their level of self-conﬁdence.
Dr. Sorensen was interviewed on November 10th for an article on self-esteem for Woman's Day online magazine.
Dr. Sorensen was interviewed May 1st by a columnist writer for the Times in Victoria, British Columbia for a upcoming article on self-esteem. Read the Edmonton Journal article.
March 5, 2009 Dr. Sorensen spoke at Willamette University's Health Fair in Salem, Oregon. Her presentation explained what low self-esteem is, when it develops, and the inner experience of low self-esteem as well as what's necessary to recover from this devastating problem.
October 2, 2009, quotes from Dr. Sorensen and comments on her work were the main focus of an article in the Edmonton Journal (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) entitled, How To Give a Healthy Message of Self-Esteem To You Kids, written by Katherine Dedyna, Canwest News Service.
Events for 2008
December 28, 2008, Dr. Sorensen was interviewed for an hour by Eva Herr's radio show, The Infinite Consciousness on BBS Worldwide radio. Listen to the interview. (11.44MB)
Dr. Sorensen was interviewed 11/28/08 by a writer from Shameless magazine in Canada for an article on how self-esteem affects promiscuity and reckless behavior. The article will be published in the Spring 2009 Issue.
A 35-minute audio interview with Deborah Harper, President of Psychjourney, posted on PsychJourney.com and Psychjourney Audio Book Club blog. Listen Now!
A 40-minute Interview with the host of the The Donna Seebo Show, BBS Radio.